IEC certificate, Import-Export License online, IEC search by pan no, Import-Export License fees, IEC application form, IEC full form, Import Export License status, documents required for the Export-Import License, IEC Code Number Modification.
- Full form of IEC CodeFull From of IEC Code is: “Importer Exporter Code ”. To import or export in India, IEC Code is mandatory. No person or entity shall make any Import or Export without IEC Code Number.
- When IEC is RequiredIEC Code is required before you commence the business of any Import or Export. No Import or Export can be initiated unless IEC is allotted.
- Application for Grant of IEC NumberAn application for grant of IEC number shall be made by the Registered/Head Office of the applicant and apply to the nearest Regional Authority of Directorate General Foreign Trade, the Registered office in case of company and Head office in case of others, falls in the ‘Aayaat Niryaat Form – ANF2A’ and shall be accompanied by documents prescribed therein. In case of STPI/ EHTP/ BTP units, the Regional Offices of the DGFT having jurisdiction over the district in which the Registered/ Head Office of the STPI unit is located shall issue or amend the IECs.
Only one IEC would be issued against a single PAN number. Any proprietor can have only one IEC number and in case there are more than one IECs allotted to a proprietor, the same may be surrendered to the Regional Office for cancellation.
- PAN Based RegistrationThe IEC is a pan based unique number, and against one pan number, the DGFT allocates only one IE Code, which remains valid for all over India.
- No Renewal RequiredThe IE Code is a permanent identification number allotted to a person desirous to do the business of Import or Export in India. It never expires.
Importer-Exporter Code Number (IEC No.): IEC Code is unique 10 digit code issued by DGFT – Directorate General of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Commerce and Government of India to Indian Companies. IEC Code is “Importer Exporter Code”. To import or export in India, IEC Code is mandatory.
- Definition of IEC CodeIEC Code is a unique 10 digit code issued by DGFT – Director General of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Commerce, Government of India to Indian Companies.
- The validity of IEC Code NoAn IEC number allotted to an applicant shall be valid for all its branches/divisions/units/factories as indicated in the format of IEC given in
- Duplicate Copy of IEC NumberWhere an IEC Number is lost or misplaced, the issuing authority may consider requests for grant of a duplicate copy of IEC number, if accompanied by an affidavit.
- Surrender of IEC NumberIf an IEC holder does not wish to operate the allotted IEC number, he may surrender the same by informing the issuing authority. On receipt of such intimation, the issuing authority shall immediately cancel the same and electronically transmit it to DGFT for onward transmission to the Customs and Regional Authorities.